Baby Drinking Fm Every 2hrs

My baby is only 1 wk old and she has been drinking 80ml to 90ml of fm. Is it too much or normal?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You can use this formula. (Baby's weight in kg × 150) / number of feedings. For example, my 6-week-old baby is 5kg now, so her daily total intake should be around 750ml. If she's feeding around 8 times a day, then each feed should be approximately 85-90ml. But yes, for a week old baby, 80-90ml is a bit much, it's not good for their still developing digestive system. Mine drank around 40ml the first week.

Read more

Yes it is.... over feeding will cause ur baby to vomit and it can be a scary experience. The milk will come out from the mouth and nose and sometimes the baby might choke. 50-60mls is more than sufficient

4y ago

Don't overfeed. Be patient and burp the baby often after feeding

I think there is a formula to it, I remembering my PD calculated based on her weight. 80ml ~ 90ml seems a little too much.

For me first week 3-4hours I gave my son formula milk.. when night time I gave him Breastfeed

First two weeks mine drank 30-60ml (3hrs). Third week onwards 90-120ml (3-4hrs).

I think it's too much. I used to gave my girl 30ml when she was one week old.

VIP Member

It’s a little too much. My lo drinking 90 ml every 2 hours at 3 weeks old.

Super Mum

Think my kids drank about 30-60ml for the first two weeks.

PD recommend is 30 to 60ml for first 2 to 3 weeks baby

VIP Member

What's your baby's weight?