Baby likes to sleep with her head cocked to one side. Sometimes it is left, sometimes it is right. Is this normal?

Post image
32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes, it is normal. Don't worry! My newborn was like that too. It's kind of hard to sleep facing upwards all the time. It seems like she is a bit too tightly swaddled. It may just be the photo though. Also consider getting a mesh bumper which is breathable for the sides of your cot to protect your baby when she gets older.

Read more

It's perfectly fine. My son does that too when he was a newborn. He slept with me on our bed, so I would move myself either to his left or right depending on where he is facing. Occasionally I would move his head to face the other way. Older folks say this is to prevent the flat head syndrome.

Such a cute and tiny baby! Yes, this is normal. Previously I also worried baby will get neck strained if sleep like this but it was totally fine. Please do not use any pillow to prop her back since baby hasn't learn how to roll back yet.

It's normal but make her to sleep head position in middle of the bed or head shape will change

Yes, it is very normal. It is a good position to preventing choking while sleeping

Yes but make sure to alternate so the head of your baby is balanced.

Yes but make sure to alternate so the head of your baby is balanced.

yes in fact it is better to reduce possibility of choking

thanks

VIP Member

Much better po kung ganyan. Hindi magkakaflat head.