My baby has difficulty sleeping every night. He would cry and whine till he is tired and yet he sometimes has night terror. Is there an easier way to get him to sleep? I've tried rocking him using a baby carrier while singing but it doesn't work all the time

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Rocking your baby to sleep is considered a sleep prop and when you are using a sleep prop it means your baby needs your help to fall asleep and stay asleep. Ideally you should teach your baby the art of self settling so that he can fall asleep on his own and that way he will be able to sleep longer too. Hope that helps!

Read more
5y ago

And how do we teach our baby the art of self-settling?

Hi, does your baby use a pacifier? If not, you might want to give it a try. Suckling on a pacifier can soothe baby and give him comfort during his sleep and even help with his night terrors. Now, I know some parents might not be too cool with using pacifiers, but maybe it is something you can consider during bedtime...

Read more
8y ago

I've tried the pacifier when he was younger but he doesn't like it coz he prefers sucking on his thumb. Now that he is teething , I'm giving him a teether instead.

Is it just a phase he is going through? Babies going through growth spurts or who are teething may have difficulties sleeping. You can also consider patting him, introducing a comforter (if he is older than 6 months) to see if these work.

VIP Member

I also having hard time to soothe my Lo to bed during night time

Super Mum

Also let baby tummy time more during day.

Super Mum

Look for white noise related in Spotify

Super Mum

Try Spotify..

Super Mum

Can buy a baby mat and just let the baby play and get tired