My baby had been on mostly bm 4 out of 6 feeds until 6mo. Recently switched her to total fm. Was on nan ha 1 and now on nan ha 2 but noticed she had a really hard time finishing up her milk and her intake used to be 150ml bm but now finishing even 90ml fm is so hard for her. What could be the reason? Should i switch brand? Which brand is not so thick? I also noticed my bb pants alot when drinking fm. Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi how long have you noticed your LO not finishing up her milk? Because sometimes they go through weeks of development or teething stage when they lose interest in milk for a few weeks but after that back to normal again. Have you started on solids by the way? It could be your baby is either full from solids or if you haven't started it could be your baby is ready to explore new taste and needs to start solids soon! Why don't you try giving back nan 1? It is not necessary to switch to 2 the moment they hit 6 months. For me I only move my baby to 2 when she is about 8.5mths old. Ad for which brand is not so thick I am not sure as I use enfamil and I find it thick as well. Heard the same about Similac. As for baby panting when drinking FM, could it be the wrong teat size? Because fm is thicker and hence the teat hole needs to be bigger. I know for Nuk teats there is a difference between what size to use for bm and fm. Maybe your baby finds the hole too small and difficult to suck be milk out?or it could also be the hole is too big and flow is too fast making baby breathless. Will have to trial and error on this to get the right size.

Read more
8y ago

yes my lo is teething currently..2 bottom teeth but since 5mo...recently she was very sick...and now having flu and cough...this could be the reason? i just changed teat to 6m+ also...teat too slow she will pant..so too fast also will cause panting? really must trial and error..thanks for your advise!

yup, when baby is not feeling well will also affect the feeding. my boy also at the transition between the smaller and larger teat. smaller M (NUK brand) teat like take a lot of effort to finish and a bit slow, but the L teat like a bit too fast and there will be more spillage from the corners of his mouth. so i switch back to M teat for the time being and will try the L teat again in another 2-3 weeks. but he was ok with Simba 6 motnths teat. NAN is already one of the thinner ones already. so have to trial and error

Read more

The taste of stage 1 n stage 2 is different. Cannot suddenly switch for most babies. For my case, for the the first week, I mixed like 1/3 stage 2 n 2/3 stage 1 into a single feed. Then slowly increase until fully stage 2

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-17193)