Why is my baby drinking less formula?

My daughter is 6 months old and she is drinking less milk and not finishing up her milk. I will make 180mls of formula and she may finish only 60-100mls of formula. I have started solids by feeding her purées (about 1-4 teaspoons depends on whether she likes the food or not). Do you think I should try changing formula?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is normal. At some stage the milk intake would fall. And then when growth spurt comes in, they’ll ask for more. You can try giving her rice cereal and then mix milk inside since she’s starting solids. You’re very lucky because my daughter entered milk strike at 3 months old, always preferred solids over milk… so I told her only one small bowl of cereal, she still has to drink milk

Read more
VIP Member

same thing with my baby too. she will play with her milk bottle but after some time i will feed her again and she will finish the milk. i guess because she is already on solid so she feels full most of the time.

My baby is also like that when we started feeding her solid food. I dont think it’s about the fm. But it does gradually get better.

Hi there, may I know if the feeding time between milk and solids are close?

5mo ago

Oh I think so. When she wakes up in the morning I will give her the purée and then give her the milk. She tends to cry even after eating puree so I thought she cries because she’s still hungry. But for the rest of the day she tends to not finish her milk as well. Towards the night it’s slightly better. Will finish a bottle before night sleep.