Ftm, btw cesarean and normal which one should i choose or consider?

My baby is growing bigger, at 30wk abt 1.9kg, so doc says that maybe i wont be able to deliver normal if baby growth goes on. I am going to book for hospital delivery soon , should i just book for cesarean 1st or what, i am confused as FTM. Will book at ME.Novena. and any mummy apply for cord blood banking would like to know more, as i might be applying for that.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was in a similar situation but my gynae was pro-natural so he advised me to book under normal first. He advised me to watch my diet but baby still grew bigger and by 35th week, he was estimated 3.5kg. Gynae then informed me of the higher risk of longer and harder labour. I still wanted normal but by 39th wk, baby estimated to be 3.9kg so when I still have not dilated, only then I decided to go for elective csect 2 days later. I just need to inform at the registration counter of the change on the day of my check-in. I was at Parkway East. Check with ur gynae first. He shld discuss abt ur birth plan soon. For cord blood, I went with Cordlife. If I'm not wrong Cordlife has its booth at all of the Parkway Group hospitals including Mount E Novena.

Read more

Watch out for ur diet and make sure u don’t eat excessively. Too much weight gain is not good for both mummy and baby. Wait till week 34 then decide whether to book OT , don’t decide so fast. I store with cord life for both babies and will do so for my 3rd one. They are the only company with double accreditation and have cord lining stem cells. The rest are offering WJ stem cells only. And they are the longest and more professional one in Singapore with the most transplant done.

Read more

My gynae told me my baby was considered big at 32 weeks - 2kg. Delivered via vaginal delivery and he weighs only 2.79kg at birth. But he was delivered early due to PPROM and I was in high risk and may have to do c-sect but end up with normal delivery. Don't trust the weigh but go with your guts. Don't decide too fast. I store his cord blood with public cord bank from KKH. Can't remember the name.

Read more
TapFluencer

If doc recommend csect just follow doc say. I choose natural n end up with emergency csect and incurred alot of extra unnecessary cost hais. Regreted

I did my normal birth and my baby was 3.36kg