Breech Baby at Week 32

Hi Mummies, i'm in 32 Weeks with my 4th Baby. & It can across that the baby is still in Breech Position when I went for my 32 weeks checkup. Gynae advised me to book for C-Section but me being me. I disagree to it because i still have few more weeks and i thought that the baby could be reposition either way. So i requested for another scan in Week 35. Week 35 will be on 3rd Nov and if the baby is still Breech I have to pre-book my C-Section Ops. I'm so confused and scared of the process and recovery. So stress right now till i dont know what should i do. I need some words of advise and maybe some tips

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, mine was a breech baby as well. My baby turned in week 32 to be head down and then turned back to breech in week 34. No matter how far and long did I walk, my baby preferred to be in breech position. My obgyn advised that maybe my baby decided that csect was more suitable for his arrival. It was a smooth csect, I recovered fast and my baby is delivered smoothly. Two weeks passed and now I am carrying my baby boy around house and caring for him. He is a happy boy. Thus from another perspective, our babies might be choosing how they want to be delivered. In hindsight, I think my baby understands that I have gestational diabetes , older in age, had occasional yeast infection and uti, thus csect might be more suitable than natural.

Read more

You can talk to your baby, walk around more, squat. Pray that baby will turn head down 🥲 Yes, do not opt for C Section till the last route. I have friend that did the procedure in the hospital where they help to turn baby head down. It is painful but it didnt work and ended with C Section. But that was her last option. Not every one will be lucky that baby cooperate. Listen to our own body as we are carrying the baby not them. As a gynae/doctor they can advise what's the best option for the safety of you and baby. But, of course we know ourselves better right? All the best to you.

Read more

Hi mommy! May i know how was ur outcome in the end? Did baby turn head down in the end? Im currently at 38 weeks with breech baby and really2 anxious to go for c-sect as i cant stop worrying about the post recovery ( have 2 other kids to take care) plus i was really hoping for a normal delivery.