My baby is due for a vaccination in a couple of day but she has been unwell and has a temperature too. Should I still get he vaccinated?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

First get baby to doctor and let the examination done after the results doctor will be the right who can take the decision whether baby is well to have vaccinated or not. In General if the temperature is more than 101 Fahrenheit, flu or any infection then doctors suggest to avoid going for vaccination and treat the problem first.

Read more

No. When the baby is not well you are not supposed to go for vaccination. Once the baby is perfectly fine you can visit the doctor. Because before vaccinating the baby the doctor checks the baby temperature and if the baby is unwell the doctor will not allow.

No. Wait for her illness to pass. Bcoz depending on the vaccines, she will get fever. Tht puts her system on a toss. So a delay of a few days won't do any harm. Still if u r in doubt then talk to ur pediatrician

no wait for her to get completely well and be rested for some time before getting her the vaccination. also inform the doc about the same and take an appointment accordingly.

VIP Member

Please consult the doc first as they might know better about this. Personally, I would suggest to wait for a few days before getting her vaccinated.