Will my baby at risk of contracting covid?

I just tested positive for covid and i had been carrying and sleeping with my 2 month old baby every day. Will my baby get Covid from me? Im very worried because he is not covid vaccinated. And i do not have a spare room for me to isolate myself so my husband suggested to continue to slp in same room w baby but i sleep a distance away from baby and him. And maybe with windows open. Will get reduce the risk of contracted covid? #pleasehelp #firstmom #babyexpress Im a ftm, i am very worried 😔 i need advice from mommy that has went thru the same situation as me. TIA

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Husband and I just recovered last week. We also didn’t isolate entirely because we still need to care for baby. Thankfully baby didn’t get infected. This is how we manage: - wear mask at all times - wash hands / hand rub to elbow frequently - don’t bring baby close to face - don’t cough at baby’s direction - open windows and on fan for better ventilation - spray Dettol disinfectant spray at common areas except baby items Get well soon and hope your baby remains healthy 🥰

Read more

Same situation, just tested positive for Covid (D3) and have a 2 mths old little boy (still negative) Just rmb to wear a mask around him with more regular hand hygiene. Hoping that breastfeeding will pass some antibodies to help baby.

your baby may get covid, but if you are breastfeeding it's likely that baby's symptoms will be mild due to the antibodies your body is making now. get well soon.