My baby is coming to 5 months. she only latches when we are outside. at home, she refuses to nurse and only takes the bottle. I'm a working mom and helper has been taking care of her while we are at work. I used to be able to latch her when I come back from work but recently she refuses to latch at home. but on weekends when we are out she does latch. Can some one tell me what went wrong?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I know this sounds like quite a stretch but I've heard of babies not wanting to latch when they sense that their mothers are tired or stressed out. Perhaps there is some truth to this and that's why your child is not latching on weekdays after work but instead on weekends when you are out and about, free temporarily from the worries of work. To see if there is any truth to this, perhaps you can take a few days off work and see if baby latches as per normal? If she does, maybe there is indeed truth to the whole stress putting baby off latching theory. If this is the case, then you definitely should find a way to relax before nursing your child.

Read more