My baby babbles a lot! Is this normal? She's just 4 months old and can "talk" for a ten - 15 mins at a stretch, multiple times a day.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You should be happy, cause you don't need to worry that when they should learn to speak that period and their mouth is close tight.. Do talk to her in proper language instead of baby language, in fact, one day she may sound it similar when she is suddenly babbling. My son say pororo long ago b4 he was one, just that whenever he say that, i didn't capture in video, and do note, it's not papa mama, but pororo, and it's really when he saw pororo, he say pororo.

Read more

Babies tend to emit babbles when they’re in a state where they’re ready to learn new information, they’re aroused, they’re curious. When babies are interested in something, they tend to do a furrowed brow, he continued; parents should understand that babble may be an acoustic version of furrowing one’s brow.

Read more
VIP Member

hehe..its definately normal. Infact it is a good sign=) When baby starts to babble..its when baby starts to communicate/talk in his/her own way. Do response and talk to your baby and engage him/her. You can read the link below. http://www.parents.com/baby/development/talking/when-do-babies-start-talking/

Read more
VIP Member

wow you are really lucky. She must be so cute. Just let her continue with it and enjoy this moment. I guess she'll turn out to be one smart kid in future. My little one used to babble a lot too at that age, now he is 2.5 years and loves to talk in sentences and also recites poems and songs.

yes definitely normal! it's great that she is so interactive! it helps to speak more to her, like telling her what you're doing when you're changing her diapers, telling her what she can see while pointing it out to her etc. she will develop faster in terms of speech when she grows older!

Babbling is good! Do try speak adult with her (I'll say 'bathing time', instead of 'bom bom'. You'll be surprised how she react and may just babble 'entrepreneur' by 1 yo ;)

wow that's Amazing, enjoy this, she must be look tooo Cute. i just Love the kid's Language.🥰