My baby is 8 months old. Here it is very hot. Temp is like 40 deg celcius. How much water should i give my baby whole day?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, Keep giving the baby four five sips multiple times throughout the day. Do not give too much water, as too much water can cause oral water intoxication, a condition in which the electrolytes (such as sodium) in a baby’s bloodstream become diluted, affecting normal bodily functions and leading to problems such as low body temperature or seizures.

Read more

hi mum, you can let your baby drink water through the day, in the form of plain water, as well as shakes, juice and such. at 8 months, your baby can easily have till about 220 ml of water, and more if required, and especially if baby tends to be constipated. also, let your baby have water each time he shows any signs of thirst.

Read more
7y ago

Thanks a ton! 😊

Since, you must have started solids to your baby so you can give water to her three four times a day, and that should be few sips or few spoons, as you also must be breastfeeding or giving formula milk to the baby, and that suffices baby's need for water. They have sufficient water that is required by the baby.

Read more

please give at least 1 to 2 bottles of water, the smaller sized ones I mean. 1 bottle for sure and more if baby is thirsty, cranky or passing less urine.

7y ago

Thanks a ton! 😊

same here... i give water when ever he gives sign or i find his lips r dry...