My baby is 5 months old. He passes stool once in 3-4 days since a month. Is that normal?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, Unless you feel that baby is getting constipated and having trouble because of passing stool after 3 or 4 days then you can seek doctor's advice. But if she is not constipated then it is all good. Babies poop time and texture keep changing as they grow. She is quite small right now and her poop depends on how much milk she is taking. I do not think you should worry as long as she doesn't show any discomfort because of this.

Read more

yes mom it is very much normal :) even my kids passed stool once in 3 to 5 days around this age, and the doc told me this is absolutely fine. as your baby moves towards solids, his stool routine will get more regular. in the meanwhile, keep a track of how many times he passes urine to make sure he is not dehydrated or in distress.

Read more

If your baby starting his solid already, dont give him too much fiber like veggie but a good composition of carbo, protein and vegie and lots water. PD said 2.1l (if not mistaken or 1.8l). I went to PD specialized in nutrition and spent 250plus dol so anyone who has similar problem can try the suggestion first.

Read more

Yes mom it's normal but if ur baby is in pain or distress then I would suggest u speak to the doctor about it. Also, do massage ur baby's tummy using warm mustard oil or heeng mixed in water... It will help to ease the passing and regularising of stool.

Hi Anita, It is fine as long as the stool of the baby is soft and the baby is gaining enough weight. Breastfed babies may pass stool three or more times a day or only once after a gap of three to four days or even more. There is nothing to worry.

VIP Member

Yes it's normal especially if he is a breastfeed baby. But if still doesn't pass stool for a week, probably he is constipation. You can do some tummy excersice for little one to move his bowels.

Read more

I would advice you to add more fiber, reason, its not too healthy, later oñ in his life there we. Can be problems. Every day water intake. Make sure he gets is full amount, 6 Glass.

yes at this age it is very normal. but if your baby is not passing stool even after 4 days, or seems to be in pain or discomfort, definitely speak to the doctor.

You eat more pears if you breastfeed your baby, 3-4 days without tools sometimes because you too much spicy food

Totally normal dear, if he does not pass motion for more then a week, then there is a reason for worry.