Watery poop in newborn

#1stimemom #advicepls #firstbaby #theasianparentph #baby My baby is 5 weeks old. Her poop is very loose and mustard yellow in colour . She passes motion 4 to 5 times a day. Is this normal or diarrhea?

Watery poop in newborn
8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

https://preemiemomtips.com/baby-poop-101/ Bright yellow Poo If you’re breastfeeding your baby and taking medicine, your baby’s stool could be bright yellow, and as long as it doesn’t have a runny consistency, it’s usually no cause for concern. Diarrhea in babies could also be bright yellow, green, or brown. You’ll recognize it because of the runny consistency. If your baby has diarrhea, her stool will have few or zero lumps in it, and it will be so runny that it will most likely explode out of her diaper. See your pediatrician if your baby’s stools look like diarrhea three times within a 24-hour period.

Read more

Yes it's normal. Yellow / mustard and seedy poop is okay. There's also great variability amongst newborn frequency of pooping. Some exclusively breastfed babies poop once a week, some daily and it's all alright. Diarrhea usually has a bit of green tinge for fully bf babies.

VIP Member

Looks normal to me! My 16mo is breastfed and his poop looked like this often when he was a newborn. Some days nore watery, some days less. Now that he's on solids, I miss cleaning his newborn poop 😂

i think it's normal..my baby poop was like this too when she is 1month +..the poop colour is normal if she fully breastfeed..if you still not sure, maybe can check with doctor or nurse

3y ago

Yup she's fully breastfed

TapFluencer

it's normal for breastfeed baby. the poonami is like that or even worst like my case. my baby poo most of the time in the mid of feeding at least 6 times a day

VIP Member

It’s normal. My girl’s poo has been like this till 5 months old; she’s fully breastfed. It only solidified when she started solids at 5 months.

Super Mum

Looks perfectly normal mama! You’re doing a wonderful job - don’t worry!