My baby is 4 months and her tongue is always white. What can I do to clean it?

Post image
44 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Before cleaning the tongue of child, make sure your hands are clean. Prepare warm water in a bowl.Now take a small manageable piece of gauze piece and wrap it around the finger. Moisten the gauze in warm water. Baby tongue cleaners can also be used instead of a gauze, which are specially designed finger cloth available in most drugstores.There are several ways in which a parent can clean the tongue; the simplest of all is cradle the child in one arm and clean the mouth by second hand. In this way, the child will feel the sense of security and affection.Put the finger over lips of baby for opening the mouth.As soon as the mouth is open, place the finger on his tongue and rub/ scrape gently over the surface of tongue in circular motion.After cleaning the tongue, rotate the finger around and massage cheeks sides, gums and teeth gently. Perform this procedure of cleaning at least one time in a day especially after feeding.

Read more
VIP Member

Looks like milk stain. Can use a clean soft handkerchief and wet it with water and gently clean it. Can also use the baby silicone baby finger toothbrush. You can also use the oral wipe if u like. Most importantly, if can after feed wipe the mouth for hygiene purpose. Once in the morning and night will do.

Read more

My LO lost it when she reached 5 months. I think it will eventually wash off as your LO learns to clean his own tongue. Don't worry too much. Otherwise, you can use a damp soft towel and clean it OR choose a silicon tongue brush available in the market. Good luck mommy!

Please use handkerchief to clean it after each feeding especially if she is on formula. Also don't forget to clean her tongue each time you bath for her too. This is oral hygiene. If she has gotten tooth, please start to brush for her.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-11355)

I use sterile gauze wet in warm water and wrap it around q-tips for easy cleaning and reaching the base of the tongue. It helps too when my baby resists opening her mouth. Works all the time! ☺

I used clean soft hanky and dip it in lukewarm water and clean the tongue gently and all around the mouth. Ensure that hands are cleaned and washed before proceeding to clean baby's mouth and tongue.

VIP Member

U can use a piece of clean cloth and deep in water and reach in gently to clean up for them . As those white are most probably the leftover from milk which stains on their tongue !

Agree with Daniel Ng.I look after 3 kids since 2006 ,new born until now.When I help them shower,I also use a clean handkerchief,dip some water,clean it fast and gently everyday.

hi I was told to use a warm baby towel to wipe babys mouth after every feeding to keep it clean and it keep them from getting Thresh hope this is helpful