not enough breastmilk supply

Baby is 3 weeks old. And my supply is still low. Not enough for her. What should I do? Doctor suggested add on formula. But we really don want to.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My supply was low and not enough to exclusively breastfed until baby 5 weeks old. I did use formula to top up so my baby won't be hungry (this is your life saver and keeps you sane until your supply is good. Stress is no.1 killer for your supply). Pls drink a lot of water , get the lactation tea and supplement. Snacks on the lactation cookie and do pumping every 2 hrs for at least 20-30 mins duration each time.

Read more
TapFluencer

After latch pump to let your body know you need milk. Or you can try power pump. Most importantly drink more water. I've tried the cookies and it helps hope it will help you too https://community.theasianparent.com/q/mummiessharing-with-about-cookie-that-boost-breast-milk-supplythere/856978?d=android&ct=q&share=true

Read more

I had the same problem and topped up with formula until 5 weeks and then had enough milk from then on... it’s what you’re comfortable with- letting your baby be a bit hungry until your milk comes in or topping up. I preferred to top up. Formula is not the devil!

My baby is 2 weeks old and even though I can supply 80-100ml per pump, it is not enough to feed him as he is very big. I still supplement with formula to make sure he drinks enough after each latching

VIP Member

try to latch and pump out the remaining milk after latch. can eat lactation cookie to increase supply too

Super Mum

Pump, latch, power pump. Try collecting milk with Haakaa on one side when latching on the other side

TapFluencer

Breast Lactation massage - they will help clear your block ducts to supply more milk potentially.

VIP Member

You can try Lactation cookies!

VIP Member

Keep Pumping and latching