My baby is 11 months old and started sleeping through the night quite early. However recently he would cry for no reason in the middle of the night randomly (though it happens most often from 4am) and at times he would sit up to cry. It would take me a while to put him to bed and calm him down..... Any advice on what is happening and how to solve it? I tried CIO one night and I really feel it is not for me nor him - so any advice other than CIO is much appreciated. We are very tired and want our sleep back. Thank you.....

43 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are many reasons why this could be happening. It would be helpful if you could fill us in with more details. From the sound of it, it could be a stage, teething or even night terrors as you mentioned hard to calm him down. However it is hard to define what the issue could be. Sometimes, it happens for no reason too, just oart and parcel of the parenting. I went through a similar stage with my firstborn. I got scared h8nestly, thinking if it was something paranormal. Oh well, please dont allow me to scare you haha. I have attached a link for you, similar scenario based. Might be useful to you. http://www.parents.com/baby/sleep/issues/teach-baby-to-sleep-through-the-night/ Dont be too hard on yourself. All the best.

Read more
8y ago

Thank you. Actually I really don't know why he had been having such disrupted sleep these days. He is not teething and nor is he learning a new skill. I read the article you sent and I am still not sure what I could do because I approach it Really stressed because he is crying in his sleep almost every hour and there is little we can or know what to do.