My baby is 10 months old, we co sleep with my baby. He will sleep only by sucking my breast and then keep sucking until close to half an hour and fall asleep. In the night he wakes up close to 3 times again suck suck until he falls asleep. Daddy tried to make him sleep on all the occasions however he will cry and cry and we give up and let him suck. I am feeling exhausted and this is only during night as I am working Mother. I have never given him pacifier however should I give him pacifier now, feeling helpless.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Your baby has developed a sleep association whereby he's using your boobs as props to help him sleep. It's not because he's hungry but rather he is so used to being nursed to sleep. Even if you use pacifier you are also actually introducing another sleep prop because he would need you to put it back for him when he loses the pacifier. The best thing is for you to teach him the art of self settling so that he doesn't wake up in between his sleep cycles.

Read more
8y ago

And how can I do that as I agree with you as he wil cry and cry if he does not get my boob