My baby is 10 months old, we co sleep with my baby. He will sleep only by sucking my breast and then keep sucking until close to half an hour and fall asleep. In the night he wakes up close to 3 times again suck suck until he falls asleep. Daddy tried to make him sleep on all the occasions however he will cry and cry and we give up and let him suck. I am feeling exhausted and this is only during night as I am working Mother. I have never given him pacifier however should I give him pacifier now, feeling helpless.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to side latch. I mastered side latching as soon as i can so i can sleep while baby needs to nurse. I sleep without my top, so when my boy wants to drink, he will roll over to me, & my body auto will help him to my boob while i am asleep. ^^ Its a life saver! Google side latching positions.

5y ago

I had same prob before. I stop nurse because my baby bite my nipple too hard. One day i gave up, we (my baby and i) cried like the the world is going to end. Next night, i put him to sleep very late, he already sleepy enough, let him drink his milk using bottle, he went to sleep easily because he already tired and sleepy. Sometimes, i hide myself under the blanket. When he wakeup, he just go to his father bacause he didnt see me and of course if he sees, his father become no one. Haha His father will wrap him around his arm and sing lullaby. He will just easily sleep again unless he really wanted milk.