What names do u like

Are you a fan of traditional or unusual names?

67 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We love unusual names! But haven't got the courage to use them fearing that our children will be made fun of when they are in school. It is definitely hard to pronounce if the name is unique too. My elder son name is Deleon. Made up this name on my own from the name Deon. There are quite a bit of people who cannot pronounce his name. There was once I heard his teachers calling him Dylan and have to correct them! I love the name J'wayne and wanted to use it for my second child but put it off as parents don't like it. Forgot how I came across this name but it have been on my mind since forever!

Read more
VIP Member

Chinese name i can't choose cause need to go count. So English name, will be unique and special. The nurse remember him because of his unique spelling. Anyway, depend how u look at things, if you want your kid to be stand out, and everyone can remember, find a very loud (as in 响亮)name. My girl's school got a child call "Milo" , definitely won't forget him, as it's very unique and loud.

Read more

I am a fan of timeless name. something not overly used but not Outlandish. I would say something the kid wouldn't be embarassed about and the name is able to grow with him whether in school or at work. something he /she wont be made fun or or could be twisted. also, its really a hassle if you have to spell out how to write your name when you sign up or register for something if its too unusual.

Read more

I'd say I'm more of a fan of unique names that aren't too unusual, growing up, I was used to seeing kids get made fun of for having unusual names and it usually affects their self esteem. My husband and I do plan to name our future daughters Rosemary or Saffron, if you can guess where the inspirations come from :)

Read more

i prefer names that are uncommon (not in recent trend), easy to remember and has positive meaning to it. perhaps in the next few years, older names like Bryan, Paul etc will be the uncommon names as there are so many parents naming their kids unusual /difficult-to-spell names!

We love unique names but nothing too outlandish or long. I grew up with my long name and it was annoying when people could not pronounce it. Will probably balance it out with a traditional middle name out of respect to my parents who are quite conservative.

I like unconventional... Works both ways- If people recall it, good;If they forget, they keep coming to you and asking..'hey yours is a unique name but don't remember it..' both ways you are reminded of the uniqueness and the importance of your name.

I am a fan of unusual names and with my two girls, I wanted them to have masculine names though we ended up giving them feminine names but with masculine nicknames. haha Those that have unique names are easily remembered, by the way..

You can avail best writing service from us. We provide you with explicit content, similar to this article. <a href="https://www.britishessaywritersempire.co.uk/law-essay-writing-service/">Law essay writing service UK</a>

Traditional names! I m a teacher n it seems that names are getting more n more unusual. Some really tried too hard . Traditional names are uncommon now so perhaps by their time, the traditional names will b the new special as well ?

3y ago

Dude, I support you! 💪