I have a one month old baby girl. My husband doesnt want her ears to be pierced while i want to. He says that he doesnt want the baby to be put into pain while she's still a baby but i know that he's just reasoning out. Any advise on how i can convince him to have our daughter's ears pierced?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm personally thankful that my parents had my ears pierced when i was a baby. I would not have had the courage to do it otherwise. I can't speak about the pain coz i don't remember but then again, maybe that's a good thing. It couldn't have been that bad since i'm not scarred for life or anything. And wouldn't he be more comfortable with supervising it now as opposed to the possibility of your daughter getting it without your approval or through not so safe/sanitary methods in the future?

Read more

Personally, I think I'll have it done at around 2 or 3 months I guess? At the end of the day, the baby will still get hurt from it no matter what. I think it's best to do it when she still doesn't understand things. If you hold it off until a year or so, she might develop trauma.

This might help! :) https://ph.theasianparent.com/baby-piercings-yay-or-nay/ For me, I think it's a rite of passage. My sister and I did it at the same time and we thought it was the coolest thing.

.... I'm against any mutilation of God's design without the host consent.. She can do it when she is ready.