Hubby not around during labour

Anyone went through delivery process all alone as husband can’t be there together due to some reason? How do I cope with the emotional stress and anxiety? Heard that for government subsidy hospital they don’t allow anyone to accompany u in delivery suite except for your partner right?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had C sec and due to covid, KKH didn't allow husband to be in the operating theatre. It was quite daunting to the thought of being alone but when you enter the operation theater, you actually wouldnt be thinking that you're alone cause there's so many nurses and drs around you busy prepping. And they are usually very nice. just keep talking to them and you'll feel less scared. I kept talking to the nurse like, oh has the needle went in, is it going to be painful, etc. Be strong for yourself and baby! you went thru the pregnancy 9months "alone" too so this is just another phase. Just think that baby is with you and you're going to see him/her after awhile and you wouldnt feel so alone! Take care mummy! Stay strong!

Read more

My edd is on the 11/01/21 and my husband won’t be around too due to some reason. I might go through the delivery process alone since my mum needs to look after my 1st born, and there is no one to accompany me. I am so nervous :(

both my girls me alone.. husband not around.. lucky to have gd team in the room.. helping me through and giving me positive vibes...mindset focus on holding my newborn soon..stay strong dear

I went in to induce and labour pain by myself. Cause hub needed to work. Just don’t worry too much, just focus and tell yourself I NEED TO HURRY PUSH MY BABY OUT AND CARRY IT AND GO HOME.

VIP Member

I gave birth to both my daughters without my husband due to visa entry restrictions, my mum accompanied me for both deliveries. You can do this, women are built to be resilient❤️

Not sure about this but do try to ask the hospital if your mum or sister can accompany you during labour instead. I think if there's a valid reason, it's allowed?

been thru 3 delivery without the child father . prep myself mentally . u are lucky to have ur mum support ❤️ no worries say ur prayers all will be well

the hospital allow 1 caregiver to be with you during your child birth. stay strong mama!

4y ago

mine was my mom cause my husband could not be around

My mum was with me during the 14 hours of labour