Husband dos and donts during labour.

Hi, im due on the 27 July. This will be my 2nd labour. My first was in isolation, and i gave birth alone as my husband was not allowed in the isolation labour suite. This time around, I'm praying that everything goes well and I can have my husband to accompany and witness the birth of our baby. Since it gg to be his first, im not sure what he can do to help me during the process. It would be nice if you could share with us what are the dos and donts during the contractions and labour.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I just delivered on 6th June and my husband was with me throughout the entire labor process. From admission to staying by my side to when we go to delivery ward, he was all along helping me to call the nurse, giving me his support, getting me food and water and accompanying walk around when I was in early labor contractions.

Read more

For me, I would prefer him to keep quiet, stay beside and help me (like calling the nurses) if I need anything. Gaming while I’m half dead with contractions is a big NO. There is nothing much he can do other than give you support.

He can get you water to keep you hydrated in the labour suite. Apart from that, there’s not much except to give you support.

My husband just follow my signals. He knows when to stop if he is asking too much qn. 😂