Hubby not around during labour

Anyone went through delivery process all alone as husband can’t be there together due to some reason? How do I cope with the emotional stress and anxiety? Heard that for government subsidy hospital they don’t allow anyone to accompany u in delivery suite except for your partner right?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had C sec and due to covid, KKH didn't allow husband to be in the operating theatre. It was quite daunting to the thought of being alone but when you enter the operation theater, you actually wouldnt be thinking that you're alone cause there's so many nurses and drs around you busy prepping. And they are usually very nice. just keep talking to them and you'll feel less scared. I kept talking to the nurse like, oh has the needle went in, is it going to be painful, etc. Be strong for yourself and baby! you went thru the pregnancy 9months "alone" too so this is just another phase. Just think that baby is with you and you're going to see him/her after awhile and you wouldnt feel so alone! Take care mummy! Stay strong!

Read more