Anyone tried pushing an open stroller up the Sbs bus yet?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I do that with my son all the time, we use a seebaby stroller that's able to fit through the front doors too! Usually you have to stand and be prepared to board with your stroller before the bus turns in so the driver can park nearer for you to go in, some drivers also signal you to enter from the back! However, most drivers would not come and help unless you have a ton of things on your stroller and/or your child is fussing badly. Note that they are also NOT obligated to help you up/down, or to open the ramp up for you - you can make a nice request to board from the back but you'd need to take the ramp yourself, though usually it's not necessary. Also note that you'd have to close your stroller if there's wheelchair persons, so if you're travelling alone with LO always peek into the bus before boarding - I had a few situations where we were stuck in the aisle area because of the crowd and it was a little dangerous!

Read more
TapFluencer

i tried pushing up my GB Pockit Stroller.. Pockit is quite small and i feel the walk way is just nice the width of pockit so i'm not sure how the other stroller manage to squeeze thru.. no, driver didnt help.. going up was no problem but down need a bit of help (maybe coz my boy was sleeping in it)

i saw a mummy pushing a stroller up to the bus.

7y ago

Did the driver come down to help? Is it all buses can ?

VIP Member

my friend tried. She said So far ok!

7y ago

nope. driver didn't help. Have to push up yourself.

yes!

7y ago

Is it easy? As the GAP between the Bus and the pavement seem a distant! Also what about the pole in between the entrance and exit ?