Planning to get AIA maternity insurance. Pls share your thoughts!

Can anyone share how they made their decision to go with AIA maternity insurance? Could you also share how much you paid for premium? More about ECI coverage? I am 30 yo, 21wk pregnant and keen to get one.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I’ve been with AIA for the past 6 years and also currently pregnant. Maternity insurance in general covers pregnancy complications for mum and congenital illnesses for baby. The insured amounts are $5k, $10k or $25k. It also includes daily hospital cash benefit for major hospitalization for both mum and baby. The premium for maternity coverages is payable one year only and coverages last for 3 years. Usually tagged to a life policy or investment-linked policy which is meant to be passed to baby after born with guaranteed insurability without any medical underwriting. The maternity coverages will give you a peace of mind from during pregnancy to delivery, as our body can be unpredictable when going through major changes. While the life policy will provide a headstart in critical illnesses coverage for the baby without exclusions even if baby is born with certain medical conditions. In my line of work, I am sometimes asked to provide comparisons with other insurers. Most importantly, AIA covers the most medical conditions compared to its competitors and premiums across different insurers in general are comparable as well. AIA’s claims efficiency is unmatched though. I recently purchased maternity coverages for myself and I paid < $2k for first year premiums. Subsequent years premiums for the life policy will be < $1k for my child. For reference, I’m 28 yo, I bought insured amounts of $10k for maternity coverages and $100k on the life policy meant to be passed to my child later. There is some discounts ongoing until 15 Dec 2023 :) Hope this helps! But if you still need time to consider, you have until 37 weeks pregnant to make a decision~

Read more

I went for 10k coverage under AIA. It was worthwhile for a peace of mind, I believe I only paid 2k which includes transfer to baby after birth.. I gave birth to a healthy BB boy and he's turning 2 months old in 2 weeks time. I had vaginal bleeding in my 1st Tri and was diagnosed with threatened miscarriage. Thankfully I had an experienced AIA agent and she facilitated the paperwork with my gynae signing off as an uncomplicated pregnancy. Subsequently I had gestational diabetes after getting my insurance and I was still insured. I'm not sure if u have past the 20 weeks deadline but u can ask an agent

Read more