Anyone's LO facing the brunt of the 8-10 month sleep regression? How has it been? My boy's naps are all over the place, even when I put him down for nap at the right timing (tired cues: quiet, spacing out), he's resisting to nap and it's causing him to be trapped in an overtired cycle! Almost 5 weeks! He used to nap well (1-2.5h each) and sleeps independently.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My gal had that problem at the 8-9 months period too. It got better again at 10mo but there was a slight shift in her nap period. They are under growing development changes now , most likely learning how to crawl and this will affect their sleeping. While the overall total sleeping hours shouldn't change too much, their napping may need to make adjustment . My gal sometimes take 1 hr to fall asleep. She will crawl all over the bed and I used to keep flipping her back and pin her down to sleep. She will resist and cry. I have since let her just roam on her own, crawling and cruising and flipping as much as she wants before sleeping. When she is tired out From all these she will sleep!!

Read more