Can you vape when pregnant?

I am in my first trimester and I suspect I am pregnant. I vape daily. Wanted to find out if vaping bad during pregnancy? Should I stop vaping?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You need to be pregnant to be in your first trimester. So are you in your first trimester or are you still wondering if you’re pregnant? So if you are in your first trimester, or if you suspect you are pregnant, why would you risk? Vaping or cigarettes are all considered harmful. Just because it smells fruity doesn’t mean it’s harmless. Pretty sure you can Google this easily. You don’t need people on the forum to tell you whether you should quit unless you decided to. I used to be a smoker and I vape as well before I got pregnant. Unless I personally want to, even if you tell me to quit, I will tell you ok but I will still continue. I stopped completely and immediately after I tested positive. 9m PP and I never looked back. Never have I thought I’d be the one stopping people from smoking or vaping in my flat.

Read more
TapFluencer

Vape may not contain tar but it definitely contains nicotine and other harmful substances. Google it. It’s pretty much the same as smoking (without the horrible scent) which will cause harm to your baby’s development. Advice from an ex-smoker: there are no cons to quitting smoking. Only pros. I have saved money, time, and am now so much fitter than before. Can run 5km every day, no problem (but now in 2nd trimester, so cannot run anymore lol). Breath and clothes smell better! I am now 9months smoke-free and am so glad I did. Do it, babe. It’s not easy the first couple of months but after that I don’t even think about it.

Read more

it's funny that you assumed to be in the first trimester by suspecting that you are pregnant?? take the test just to be assured. also, what kind of question is this? you don't need an answer from the forum. take the test to know if you are really pregnant, then decide whether you should stop (once tested positive) or not.

Read more

Of course it’s bad la. Be it pregnant or not, vaping and smoking is still bad for your body. Why do you even need to ask this kind of question lol. Ex-smoker here btw. Not those anti-smoker. But ya, since you suspect u pregnant, of course stop vaping la.

Read more

an ex smoker here. the moment I decide to try for a baby, is when I decide to just throw all the cigarettes I have away or I just pass them to my smoker friends. Vape is honestly as bad as smoking so please stop immediately if you suspect that you're pregnant.

Once I got pregnant, I vape lesser. 1 pod lasted me for 8days and I stopped at week 20. I felt like I was poisoning my baby so I couldn't continue. she came out fine but maybe I was just lucky. my advice is stop if you test positive. Good luck!

VIP Member

Heya mama, I think a lot of mothers have already weighed in their answers here already. Few suggestions 1. Confirm your pregnancy through a test 2. Swap out vaping for something else, anything else :) You can do this!

Read more
VIP Member

Most vapes have nicotine and even the ones without it have a lot of chemicals in it. Neither of these are healthy. So I’d say vaping during pregnancy can’t be a good idea.

How can you be in the first trimester when you suspect you are pregnant? Taken HPT?

Have you confirmed your pregnancy? By the way, vaping is illegal in SG.