Infant Care Teacher Make Up

Anyone knows if infant care teacher is allowed to apply make up? recently there is a new teacher and she wears a make up daily. i mean its very common kids touch the face of the person carrying him/her. what if my kid touches this teacher’s face and then put her hand into her own mouth?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think its personal preference and there is no such rule for teachers not to wear makeup despite the profession. I think its a bit unreasonable considering even mothers wear makeup and also always in close contact with our babies. So i feel its a bit unnecessary of you to comment about someones personal choice. You cannot control all aspects of your childs environment and you are definitely not allowed to dictate that bcs it makes you uncomfortable.

Read more
2y ago

Then why are u asking a rhetorical question whether your child will put her hands into her mouth?? You are trying to imply it puts your child at ‘risk’ right? Arent u insinuating that? You should ask your kid to keep his/her hands to themselves (impossible) if u want to ‘control’ their environment. That is what i mean by dictate.

Sorry mummy, i agree with above post. If u want to control baby’s environment, you should take care of baby yourself. Dont make people who are caring for your child feel that they have to ‘follow by your rules’. Esp with something so unreasonable like makeup. Maybe you are a mom who does not wear makeup but other people do. If govt dont dictate y must u be so paranoid.

Read more
2y ago

ok thank u

i dont think they have a no make up policy in school but you can voice out your concerns though.

2y ago

ok thank u