Anyone has heard of any baby past one year old still doesnt sit up himself from tummy? My 14m boy still doesnt but he walks when we hold his hand. i cannot understand why the pd & therapist is not too worried yet. Has anyone heard of baby like mine?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think one of these days he will be able to. Maybe just give him more chance and exploration as to how he can sit himself up, they need to discover for themselves and encourage and clap and praise him when he does it so that there is positive reinforcement for the correct actions. He will need this skill as it trains the strength of his core muscles which is important for him to hold himself upright

Read more

Does he crawl? You mean when he is lying on tummy he can't sit up? Well maybe he just missed this and proceeded to walking. If the PD is not concerned I think it is fine. In fact I have heard of babies who did not crawl and went straight to walking. My PD said one of his kids is like this. So I guess for your kid to miss this step I think it is fine coz he is already walking.

Read more
VIP Member

If he is walking well i would not be worried too. But is he able to sit down from walking? Some kids will skip a certain steps and milestones. If he is walking, means his spine is strong enough already.

Read more

Meaning whilst lying down he is unable to get up from lying to sitting position? I would not worry since he is able to walk with assistance.

7y ago

yes...

As I mentioned I feel if he is able to walk with assistance it's okay.