motivation work during pregnancy

anyone feels like that they have less motivation or even days that you don’t feel like doing anything during pregnancy am finding it hard to find the motivation to get up and work 😪 not sure if i’m becoming lazy or it’s just crazy hormones making me feel down that i can’t work as effective during pre pregnancy

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes it’s very normal. And I agree with the other comment! I’m in f&b line that requires me to stand for long hours. Thankfully my colleagues were supportive so they let me slack off somewhere under the counter to rest and only call me during peak hours. Because of them, I managed to work till the day i went in to induce 🥹. If you have supportive colleagues who’ve got your back during the last lap, it’s way better and easier 🤭.

Read more

I feel you, esp after entering 28 weeks and above and now 34 weeks i always wake up feeling like taking mc. I used to be fine waking up to work but not now. I also sometimes take mc cs lazy to work, or come last to work. Sometimes even fell asleep at work. Just looking forward to my 2 weeks leave before ML starts or baby born

Read more

I did for first pregnancy during my last lap before I go ML. It was dreadful cause I was looking forward to rest and preparing before birth. But, I am thankful that my colleagues understand me, I had my best buddies at work that made my day. Therefore having each other helps me to get my days easily.

Read more

I feel the same. I'm always dreading to go to work, or do anything for that matter. I've even fallen asleep at my desk at work several times because I'm constantly feeling exhausted. I've never been one to skip work easily but I dont feel like going to work at all these days.

I feel the same too! But agree with the rest that it does feel a tad bit better when you have good colleagues who are supportive. There are days when my productive rate is really low and then days that I’m super productive haha

It’s normal to feel fatigued we’re growing a whole human being, you’re def not becoming lazy. Be kind to yourself, do your best at work but rest if you need and don’t be too hard on yourself.