Raspberry Leaf Tea

Anyone consume raspberry leaf tea or dates to induce labour/shorten labour? Ive been recommended to take these to help with my labour which is coming soon in a few weeks. What is your advice? Does it really work?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had both since 37 weeks pregnant but still end up with C sect after unsuccessfully inducing twice. Don't take dates if you have gestational diabetes as it's very sweet, otherwise the fibre content is really good if you have constipation issue. I had the dates both before and after giving birth and had no constipation issue at all. I'm now 10 weeks postpartum and still drinking raspberry leaf tea regularly since it's said to help with uterus recovery. Not scientifically proven but my sis drank that to help reduce period cramp and it work wonders. So I figured there's no harm drinking the tea. Plus it's caffeine free so safe for breastfeeding too.

Read more
TapFluencer

I would rather have scientific proof of such claim. I’ll check with my doctor on this issue and see what science says.

never heard dates and longan during confinement spicy food and sex is what i know can help to induce labour :)

Read more
VIP Member

Agree that you shouldn't consume anything that has not much scientific proof. Do consult your gynae ya. Take care!

5y ago

Ok noted thank you. Ive met my gynae and she also said i can try but not scientifically proven.

I often made longan and red dates tea for my wife during her pregnancies and both delivered on due date.

Super Mum

I drank dates but it did not help in inducing.. In the end i still have an induce labour.

5y ago

Ouh i see. Guess its individual though. Or just by luck. Hehe

I heard tt too. Six dates a day frm 36th wk. I think im gna try it soon😂

VIP Member

Didn’t heard of this. Is this safe ? Anyway, all the best for your delivery!

5y ago

Not really sure though. But my gynae mention its not scientifically proven.

VIP Member

Hi... please do not self medicate. It is best to let nature take its course

5y ago

Noted. Thank you. 😊

I had dates starting from week 37 but it doesn’t seems to work for me

5y ago

Ouh i see. Thanks for sharing!