Any tips for mummies who are looking to transition back to work? How do you transition smoothly from maternity leave?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, not to worry on the transition part. It is part and parcel of a Full Time Working Mother (FTWM) Kindly ensure that you prepare your body, baby and yourself at least 1 month before going back to work. What you need to do basically is to establish milk flow whether bb is going Infant Care (IFC) or staying home. You will need to pump out the milk and bottle feed your child before going to IFC. It's mummy''s responsibility to guide bb 1st. You will also need to share and educate bb by talking to him/her and sharing that it's not that you don't wish to take care but you need to work. U need to prepare yourself too. Be positive and going back to work will b a breeze. Be confident! Kudos to FTWM

Read more

I started working 2 months ago after 6 months at home with my son. My son was coping pretty well because my mum started being more involve with him at T-2 weeks before I started work so he was familiar with her and didn't fuss at all when I leave. Myself on the hand was in such a bad state. I missed my kids terribly and kept asking my mum to send me pictures and videos of them at every opportunity I got at work. It didn't help that I started at a new company so I was rusty + new + distracted

Read more

It is going to be hard but just power through it. Focus on your work to the best of your abilities and look forward to going home. Most moms I know say that their time management skills at work have improved a lot after maternity leave because they work efficiently as they want to be home on time to be with their kids and not have to bring work home on weekends.

Read more
VIP Member

I agree with most mommies here, don't worry about the transition part and all, it happens naturally and if you have great colleagues they will help you along! All the best!