Calling the Chinese indian parents

Any other mummies with Chindian kids here? Do you celebrate both Diwali and CNY?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My neighbor is from China and married with an Indian Husband. Every year they will fly back to China and India for respective major festival celebrations. Her kid is able to experience different cultures and respect his own identity as everytime he will tell me the stories from his hometown after back from festive holidays.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1299)

VIP Member

I have a Chindian friend, and he celebrates both Diwali and Chinese New Year. Both sides of his family are close and they gather at his place. He has the best of both cultures.

I think the culture of both side of the family is important and it's good to celebrate both to let the kids know more of both parent's cultures.

Yes i think its very important to celebrate both. It is for both families as well. Should be really happening having extra celebrations! :)

Absolutely. That's why it's a blended family. There is no harm in having more celebrations and gatherings.

thanks

VIP Member

Yup celebrate both cultures :)