Any home remedy for cradle cap?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most cases of cradle cap will clear up in due time. You can wash your baby's hair and scalp gently with baby shampoo. This can help prevent a build-up of scales. Massaging baby oil or natural oil, such as almond or olive oil, into their scalp at night can help loosen the crust. Some of my friends swear by Vaseline. Massage it in at night and by the morning, baby should be crust-free. Shea Butter works well too!

Read more

hi Deepthi cradle cap usually goes off on its own. however, if you are worried that it is irritating your baby's scalp, you can lightly massage the head with virgin coconut oil. you can also use olive oil or almond oil. massaging gently will make the crusts softer and make it easier for it to fall off.

Read more

Like Idza has mentioned, cradle cap usually clears up over time. For my son, all I did was to shampoo his hair regularly and it cleared up eventually. I used Biolane's 2-in-1 body wash and shampoo for newborns.

coconut oil helps tremendously. if it's just mild, I'll let it go off on its own. otherwise olive oil is another good alternative.