Anong age puwede nang magpa-first haircut si baby?

79 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My nephew had his when he was about 9 months old. We asked a friend who is also a professional and works at a salon that caters haircuts for toddlers and kids. Nagbigay siya ng tip sa amin na para hindi matakot si baby sa scissors, we have to introduce to him the idea of having a haircut by doing some active play. Usually after bath time, hinaharap namin siya sa mirror and we have toy scissors. Kunwari we are cutting his hair and making it sort of a fun activity so when the time comes na gugupitan na siya, he was actually very excited and he enjoyed it! He actually enjoys sitting in front of a mirror. It's as if he is fascinated by his own reflection haha!

Magbasa pa
7y ago

Thanks for sharing this tip! Plano pa naman din ng kapatid ko to have her baby's first haircut done this month although nagwoworry siya about how will her baby's reaction be. I'll share this tip to her. How long was the 'training period' before siya gupitan?

I think we have to understand that there are a lot of factors: first would be the amount of hair on our babies when they were born, or our own personal preference like if we want it to short, or have it grow long But personally, it may be best to at least wait until our little angels can hold up their wobbly heads, around 12 months or so. In my own experience, the mirror keeps my baby sit still kasi she is fascinated by her own reflection, so she isn't magalaw at all. I also kept a snip of her hair for my memento, as I am fond of keeping memories of my babies.

Magbasa pa

With my daughter, we did it two weeks after her first birthday. Kami nga yung excited for her first hair cut. We've got the 1st haircut package where there was a certificate, her before and after haircut picture, and her locks in a sealed transparent pack. For me it is one of her milestone because she was brave enough to have her 1st haircut, then.

Magbasa pa

My sister's baby is already 10 months old and medyo makapal naman yung hair niya. We want to have her first haircut sana this month so this is very helpful. Would love to know how your baby's reactions were during their first haircut. Ang cute siguro to document each baby's reaction. Oh so lovely!

Nun 1st bday, konti lang para may maitago... then, after a month, napagod sa kakalakad, yapos yapos ko... ayun, naisipan ng papa nya gupitan na kasi medyo mahaba narin at grabe pawisan... mabait naman... ikot ikot din ang ulo... pero, di sya nag iyak...

I was told na as long as nag 1yr old na ang baby but though my baby is already 1, I think she's not ready yet coz I cant make her sit still. So I think its not about the age but when you think the baby can sit still long enough to safely cut his/her hair

for me age 1 would be ok kasi baby is medyo malaki na and i think para kung kalbuhin man xa if ever girl ang baby eh there's still a lot of time to grow her hair. d siya mahihiya na kalbo siya. plus milestone dn un for the first yr ng child.

Any age naman will do as long as there is a need to trim the hair already. But for my son, hehad his first haircut on the day of his first birthday. I followed what my mom told me na pag age 1 mismo tsaka pwede gupitan ng hair.

1 year old pataas para pwedeng masabihan na wag malikot or pwede nabg mag focus ang attention sa isang panoorin habang ginugupitan para hindi mahirapan ang gugupit at malayo din sa akaidenteng masugatan ang bata.

For me, at any age, esp. if their hair is longer and it disturbs them or it cause rashes on their foreheads. But older people say, it must be at least 1 year old so it will be thicker. I dont know what doctors say about cutting hair.