Would you be angry / hurt if you find out your mil has introduced solid food to your baby without your knowledge or consent? Is it petty to feel this way? I was at lost when i heard she casually told me that. I wanted to be present for that. These kind of moments are so special to me. I thought i could have that. I was also worried as well, what if my child developed an allergy towards the fruit without my knowledge. I feel like its so tricky with my mil.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I would be too. You’re the mummy, so it’s completely natural to feel all that you described. Please share with your husband how you feel and ask him to talk to his mother. I know you may feel robbed of the first time baby tried solid food, but... There is still the first time YOU give your baby solid food. Make it a private affair, just you and your baby. Make it special. Take photos/videos. Treasure it and hold it dearly ❤️ I missed a lot of my daughter’s firsts as well since I was a working mum, but I captured a lot of “The first time I saw her ____” and I still keep these, and they still make me happy years later. Hope you’ll feel better soon!

Read more
VIP Member

Depend on how old is my lo. If lo is at the age, then nope, not angry. Unless they do differently from what I would like them to. Eg. cause I do blw, i will be angry if they insist on traditional feed. I am not saying is not a good method, but I don't want to confuse the lo

VIP Member

Yes, it’s normal to feel angry/hurt. Your mil should respect you as a mother and ask for your permission first. Other than it being a special moment, you are right about the allergy concern. Any solids introduced should be for a period of 3 days to monitor for allergies.

Ya same here. My mil witnessed the milestones without me. But no choice for me because I send my little one for her to take care on weekdays when I'm headed to work.. So cannot complain 😂

Let her know your concern. If cannot then find someone to look after. Something mil traditional and hard to talk. Or speak to your husband.

Thank you mommies for all of your replies. Yes i will talk to my husband about this. Hopefully this will be the last incident..

VIP Member

Do let your mil know how you feel so that this kinda incidents dont happen again.

Yea. MIL always wanna act like the mother lol. Annoying. 🤣

VIP Member

I feel you! Maybe have a nice chat with her?