After I found out that I'm pregnant with my second child, my milk supply has dropped tremendously. I'm still in early in my first trimester. Mommies who have experience breastfeeding while pregnant, will you share some tips as to how you keep your supply up and how do you manage breastfeeding as your belly grow? Thanks so much!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, i am currently pregnant with no.3 and no.2 was still latching on until i was 5 months pregnant due to milk dried up totally. This is due to hormone changes in our body while pregnant. I experienced the same thing when I conceived with no.2 where my milk also dried up while nursing no.1. Some people will not experience this though and it's depend on individual. I managed to wean my son last month because I find it uncomfortable to latch on despite no milk flow. I suggest you can try to continue to latch and see how it goes. You may want to read up tandem breastfeeding in case need to latch both kids after the baby is here. For me i have no choice but to wean off due to milk dried up.

Read more