After how many days did you take a bath after giving birth?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Attempted to follow Chinese confinement rules of 30 days before taking a bath, but really couldn't take it! Lasted for 2.5 weeks. Lived on dry shampoo and sponge baths and Betadine fem wash for 'down there'. Really weird though -- after I took that bath (aaaaahhh) I was shivering at night! Prior to that day, I always felt warm even with the AC on. Maybe there is something to that 30-day rule...

Read more
VIP Member

2 weeks of no normal but sponge bath only - how eeeeky right? :( Just because my mom believes in the so-called "binat" among any other Pinoy superstitions. And whenever I clean up down under 2x a day, she prepares me warm water with leafy stuff in it. Thought that there's no harm in trying to be obedient so I did it and so far no regrets. Hihi :D

Read more

Took a bath just before I got my baby out from NICU. He's a week old then. I stayed with my partner and in-laws and they advised against me taking a bath, so I just obeyed so there wouldn't be any discussion. But I made sure that I had to take a bath after he got out of the hospital.

CS and i took a bath before i left the hospital with my doctor's blessing. That was about the 3rd or 4th day i think-- as soon as i was able to walk by myself albeit baby steps. It felt great! I felt i was cleaner to take care and bf baby.

VIP Member

2 days after birth, as soon as we got home from the hospital. I was given the all clear to take a bath right away but doing so in the hospital bathroom was uncomfortable.

CS with my first n second baby...I took a bath just after a week with that some leaves they put in the basin.just following the old ones!..

I gave birth at 2:00PM and took a bath that night (I think it was around 7:00PM) as advised by my OB. It was a very quick bath and I used warm water.

i had a c-sec birth and took a bath about 5 days after the delivery. i had to be very careful to make sure that the area near the wound was dry.

VIP Member

I took a bath less than 12 hours after giving birth naturally. I just made sure my water is warm and I did not bath too long.

1 week after, I took a warm sponge bath with precaution not to wet the stitched part in my belly since I gave birth via CS