Bath

When did you take a shower after giving birth?

59 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on your beliefs but I took one the same day after giving birth. There is lots of blood and other fluids that are best to clean (I had a vaginal child birth). My husband help me and then help to dry my hair. The way he cared for me, honestly to this day I know it brought us closer. When I got home I followed my Husband’s traditions and only shower with the Chinese herbs. Just have to choose which path you want

Read more
Super Mum

The next day 😁 for both my deliveries. There’s traces of dried blood and other stuff.. definitely wanted to shower before leaving the hospital. And every day after that. Heh. Warm water.. didn’t do any confinement stuff. But that’s me.

After i give birth when i am still in the hospital about 2 days later i just shower my body then when i am discharge from the hospital on 2nd feb the next day i shower with confinement herbal bath

VIP Member

After discharged from hospital. Not bathing or washing hair is extremely unhygienic and wrong in our climate. However always ensure hair & body is fully dried properly.

VIP Member

First day after. The nurse told me that have to keep my body clean so I did shower and wash hair. It was so good. I felt fresh and clean 😊

TapFluencer

first bath 2 weeks after giving birth strictly follow traditional confinement rule. no regrets no issue of pain at the moment

2nd day of delivery in hospital and after discharge use herbs bath during confinement.

right after delivery.. no aircon or fan. use hairdryer and put on socks right after

best not to shower as long as possible. if not, have to make a quick herb bath

Every day after the first week and wash my hair every 2 days with herbal bath.