After having 4 kids, I developed a new hobby as baking specially because my kids love to munch on snacks. Do you ladies love baking as well? Today, I baked a simple Lemon Cake for tea. Lemon Cake. INGREDIENTS YIELD 2 Cakes 1⁄2lb unsalted butter, room temperature 2 1⁄2cups granulated sugar, divided 4 large eggs, room temperature 1⁄3 cup lemon, zest grated 3 cups flour 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon kosher salt 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided 3⁄4 cup buttermilk, room temperature 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Glaze 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted 3 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice  DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 350°F.Grease and flour 2 loaf pans, lining the bottom with parchment paper, if desired. Cream, using paddle attachment, butter and 2 C granulated sugar in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes. With mixer on medium speed, add eggs, 1 at a time, and the lemon zest. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. In another bowl, combine 1/4 C lemon juice, buttermilk and vanilla. Alternately add flour and buttermilk mixtures to batter, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Divide batter evenly between pans, smoothing the tops. Bake 45 minutes- 1 hour, until tester comes out clean.When cakes are done, cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 C granulated sugar and 1/2 C lemon juice in small saucepan, cooking over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove cakes from pans and set on wire rack. Spoon lemon syrup over cakes. Allow cakes to cool completely. Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a bowl, mixing with whisk until smooth. Pour over the tops of the cakes and allow to drizzle down the sides. Garnish with cheeries or as desired.

Post image
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

looks so yummy!!!!!