Is it wrong to give your pet away during pregnancy?

I'm expecting baby #2. My husband has been the primary caretaker for my two cats but he just got a new job which requires him to be away from home most of the time. I would like to find a new home for my cats as I am not sure if I could manage the kids & the cats all by myself. I am feeling overwhelmed.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally as someone who has 3 bunnies with a baby on the way, i would say do not give them up out of convenience. Just because it would be tough to manage, would you in any right mind give away your other kid? Just because they're animals, they cant voice out, all the more you should do all you can to keep them in the family. It's just my personal opinion.

Read more

I kept all of my pets during my pregnancy as I could not bear to give it away or let others adopt them. I do not know if the next owner would love them like I do. I personally feel I have to be responsible towards them since I already have them way before I was pregnant. 🥲🥲🥲

I hava a baby otw and i have 6 cats. I manage them slowly. For me , i have committed myself to adopt them and they are part of my family. I do still clean their litters, shower them with mask and glove. Hopefully u can manage your time and to rethink about homing.

actually if the cats really threaten your health as in , when u near yr cats u cant breathe , allergy & etc den u have to give it away for your health.. if it nothing like that u can keep it..