Pets & Baby

Hi mummies, I have dogs at home and they tend to bark whenever someone walks past. My baby is coming at dec and I am afraid that their barking will scare her. Can I use ear plugs or ear muffs for her? Any mummies been thru the same situation? TIA. And no, I will NOT get rid of my dogs as they are my babies too. #advicepls #pleasehelp

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my gal is 1 Yr old now with my lovely dog who will bark with people just near our floor level once out of the lift area..or when my hubby is home. my gal till now will still startle when she bark at night and luckily will still be sleeping, sometimes will wake up due to her barking but she will just go back to sleep once we pat her bk. during the early stage, we will just use swaddle to wrap her when she sleep so she wouldn't be scare..there are times when she will just cry during the cranky period when she is growing her teeth but is still manageable. and they are so buddy now sharing biscuits to eat behind my back and playing fetch too haha. dun advise to use ear plugs or stuff in case leading to ear infection. I just let it be..though sometimes when tired may just scold my dog but everything okie...

Read more

Same here, I have 2 dogs at home who will bark at the delivery guy or people who walk past. I intend to 1. try to control the dogs or train them to minimise that from happening as much as I can 2. hope my baby will get used to it and learn not to be startled by noise My dogs are pretty quiet at other times of the day especially in the evening, early morning and at night. So I guess the situation should be manageable.

Read more

Baby needs to get used to it and treat it like white noise eventually. I have a 4 week old now and he’s slowly getting used to it. When my 2 dogs bark at neighbours walking outside he used to get startled and cry particularly since he is a very light sleeper. He’s getting better everyday! Just need to give time and yes absolutely agree giving up is not an option!

Read more

my dog will alao bark whenever he hears sounds from outside. my boys got used to it after some time. my 33 mths will also asked him to keep quiet.. the 3 boys are now like Tom n Jerry chasing one another

I have a big dog n he barks really loudly, he barks when people walk past but my girl has never been bothered by it 😅 She mostly sleeps through the barking even if he barks near her or in the same room

Thank you fellow mummies for the advices!! I feel less worried now, guess I just have to swaddle her better for the first few weeks 😂

3y ago

Don't worry mummy! I guess your baby has gotten used to the barking when she's in your womb. My 2 month old girl also can sleep through when my dog barks. She only tends to get startled by the first bark then after that it's ok already.