csect regional anesthesia

Will you be able to hear a lot of noises(eg. From Medical equipments etc) when you are inside the operating theatre? How do u distract your feeling of fear and being cut open?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I was scared at first too but it happened really fast and before I knew it I already heard the baby cry. I can't really tell when they cut me open because I only feel some pressure and skin stretching. No loud noise just gentle music and I was feeling a bit dreamy. Honestly even less scary than a dentist visit 😁 so don't worry too much it will be fine!

Read more

It's so fast you may not notice the gynae and team will distract u by asking you to look at the clock. Look at camera your hubby is holding.. then they will start mimic the pushing by pressing on tummy and within a min or so.. u will hear baby cry.. I was personally shocked that it went by so fast.

You won’t hear noise but will feel pressure like your stomach being pull and push etc. My doctor will play music in the background. So you can ask them to do so and listen to the music and before you know, you will hear another lovely music which is the baby cry ;)

VIP Member

You can still hear but don’t worry as the procedure is quick. Mine was took only 6 mins. 😊