A mum told me this- Children in secondary school should learn to study on their own instead of going for tuition. If they have problem with any subject, they should approach their teacher or organise study groups with their classmates. This will help them learn to solve their own problems, not just in school, but in life. What do other parents think? Please share!

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I think its really depends. You know your child the best. If he/she is disciplined enough to study on their own or with friends and is doing pretty well in their studies, I guess that will be the way to go. But if you know that he/she is the kind who needs coaching, then getting a tutor might not be such a bad thing. I remembered I had a very good Tutor who really helped me a lot when I was in secondary school. Good luck!

Read more

It seems like the mum values independent learning and problem-solving skills, suggesting that children in secondary school should study on their own rather than rely on tuition. Encouraging them to approach teachers or organize study groups with classmates promotes self-reliance, a valuable skill for both academic and life success. What are other parents' thoughts on this approach?

Read more

I believe children can study well without going to tuition! I never went to a tuition while in school! Agreed that I was blessed with educated parents so who were willing to teach me. This also created a special bond between me and my parents and till this day I feel a strong gratitude towards them for taking out their time and giving me quality education. Hope this helps

Read more

Yes I absolutely agree with this. Their period in secondary school is to train their independence to be able to study on their own, or seek help from their subject Teachers as they are the ones who understand the syllabus best. Plus sometimes tuition centres may confuse them even more as they may give them harder problems to solve, which means more concepts to understand

Read more

This load of pictures accessible in the jpg structure are astounding. They have shared the best-energized content. I have never observed such sort of ability in any individual as now they can visit https://www.bestessayservicereviews.com/  to finish their academic tasks. Being a craftsman I am additionally going to impart my work to them.

Read more
VIP Member

Yep I totally agree. But I also have been inculcating values and beliefs in them over the years so they have tools in their hands to stay away from temptations, bad company and not pick up bad habits or vices.

Agree and disagree Because it’s not that easy either If the kids need help Us as parents why don’t we provide especially since we can’t teach or help? Teachers etc might not have time

Read more

Children should learn to work things out for themselves so they have to think, but a bit of help on particularly complex items is ok

VIP Member

I agree with her. But children still need our support for them

thanks