my 8 month daughter has suddenly stopped eating her food. whatever she eats, she throw up after sometime. she only can digest dal ka pani or chawal ka mand. she keeps on crying also. wat to do??

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i think you need to get her examined by her doctor as you mentioned that she is crying and puking out things. it could be that she has picked up some infection and this is making it difficult for her body to digest anything. not getting her treated now will eventually lead to dehydration, as she is vomiting. please try and give her some homemade ORS, by making a mix of a pinch of salt and a tsp of sugar in a glass of water. give her this at an hour's interval through the day, as much as she can have, and also take her to the doc.

Read more

Hi Bhawna, She might be having an infection in the tummy. You can take her to the doctor and get her evaluated. I mean if she is throwing up then that means that there is some problem with her digestion. You can try giving her dhania powder mixed with dahi. Like if you give her half a bowl of dhai, add half a spoon of dhania powder in it. This is the home remedy you can try but I insist that you still you take her to the doctor because she is throwing up also.

Read more
7y ago

hey chetna. ...luckily she had lots of water. she had not passed stools for last 4 days and today she has pooped smelly solid one. I will take your advice and go to doctor if the situation persists

it definitely looks like some stomach infection. also, if you have recently introduced any new food type to her, it could be an allergic reaction. make sure you keep giving her water at regular intervals, so that she does not get dehydrated. definitely take her to the doc and get it checked, and also keep a check on how many times she is passing urine. if she is crying, she is definitely in pain or discomfort.

Read more

Hello, I think you should see a doctor since she is puking whatever solid she is taking. If this is what she is doing for a day or two then you should take her to the doctor before she becomes dehydrated. Babies do not drink as much water to compensate for the water lost from the body so it is better you take the advice of the doctor.

Read more
7y ago

hey shruti. ...luckily she had lots of water. she had not passed stools for last 4 days and today she has pooped smelly solid one. I will take your advice and go to doctor if the situation persists.