My 7+month baby always having phlegm on and off. What should I feed him and what should I not feed him for purée?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Steaming onion juice is good for cough & phlegm. Get one of those big red onions (not shallots) and cut them into eight quarters. Steam for about 10 minutes. You should be able to get around 20ml of onion juice. It's recommended to give only one teaspoon (5ml) of onion juice to 6-month old babies. This remedy might not be suitable for young babies below six months. Avoid butter, milk, corn and refer to this chart for food that causes mucus.

Read more
Post reply image

I have checked with a chine TCM physician before..according to him, baby can eat fruits but not cold and must be non-citrus fruits. When my lo is sick we double boil green apples with red dates and feed him. we also double boil yellow pear and barley and feed for 5 days. If you are breastfeeding try to avoid soya bean milk/soya beancurd..for your lo can try avoid fish in her food first till she is better.

Read more

Carrot puree is very good for your little one. Besides being great for our vision, carrots also improve bowel movements and strengthen the immune system. They can also relieve asthma, cough, bronchitis and other respiratory problems.

Hi mummy, are you still breastfeeding? If yes, boost up your own immune system with pro-biotics and drink more izumio.