how many times should I feed my 8 months old baby boy in a day, and what else can I feed him besides pureed fruits and veggies?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Besides fruits and vegetables, you can introduce meats (ground meat), pasta (softened and mashed) and dairy such as yogurt and cheeses (no soft cheeses and make sure baby is not allergic). Most babies at this age usually eat 3 “meals” per day at this stage. A balanced diet would include a type of grain, fruits, vegetables and a protein source. That being said, baby's appetite may change daily (if he is distracted or sick) so keep a lookout for that and adjust accordingly

Read more

Like what the rest have mentioned, egg, cheese, tofu, yogurt and some meat are good options to consider for 8-month old babies. You can refer to this article for a sample menu: http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/babymenub.htm My friend introduced omelette to her baby and her daughter loved it. She made omelette with spinach. After she is sure that her baby is not allergic to egg, she added cheese as well.

Read more

As per national health board, find attached recommend feedings. In addition to fruits and veggies, you can opt for oatmeal, eggs (be careful, egg white can be allergic to some babies), fish, rice cereal, mashed peas/corn, fresh yogurt and tofu. Make sure you continue to serve the new item at least for 3 days to make sure that your lo is not allergic to it.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

Slowly, explore with pasta, noodles, rice, pancakes, waffles, toasted bread, let baby explore to more taste so they can love chewing!

Porridge, cereal or baby pasta.