At what time should I feed my almost 6-month-old baby? We're about to start solids. I'm wondering if it's better for him to eat at morning and lunch or should it be lunch and dinner? Your thoughts?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After introducing solids, your baby should be getting cereals, fruits, and veggies on top of the regular three to five nursings of bm or feedings of formula. You can introduce solids gradually at each mealtime. For example, 2 tablespoons of cereal at breakfast, 2 tablespoons of cereal and sweet potato puree and 2 tablespoons of cereal and 2 tablespoons of mashed bananas for dinner. As baby grow older, you can up the intake of solids per meal time.

Read more

You may want to feed early in the morning and during lunch or merienda cena. I suggest not to feed nearing bed time as this can cause gastric pains to your kid

I think it's better if you serve during morning and lunch time. That way, he can digest his food even better and get a good night sleep.

Our pediatrician advise to have the baby's meal in the morning for a week. Then add another meal around lunch time the next week.