My 6 months has recently started purees. Usually she is okay with the fruit puree. But recently when we switched brands she vomitted. When we let her try the usual brand she is okay with, she vomitted as well. Gave her plain water a small amt, she vomit it out too. When i made her cerelac, she shows me the vomitting gesture. Doctor advised to give her small amounts and only give what she can tolerate. She is only okay when direct latch. The problem is, is it okay if a 6 months just drink bm? Im afraid she might still be hungry as dl cant see how much she drinks. Have yet to try homemade food. Will do it soon.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

give her a small amount to start with. For first time trying solids, the most they can take is 1 tablespoon portion. Secondly, below 1yo,main focus is still milk. So focus more on BM. My breastfed son only fully accept solids at 11mos. So don't worry!

Read more
7y ago

No worries! My second son rejected solid big time. Eventually when he accepted arnd 11mo. it was chunky porridge. He doesn't like soft puree food